Monday, July 12, 2010

All the pretty flowers...

One thing I absolutely love about WA in comparison to Texas, besides the weather, fishing, and scenery, are the flowers! Flowers of all sizes, shapes, and varieties grow like mad here. In Texas I couldn't even keep a cactus alive much less flowers! I have been shooting all the lovely floral displays in our yard, the garden and anywhere else I spy some pretty petals. I am loving it! What I am most excited about are the mammoth sunflowers I have planted in my garden. I have always wanted some. I planted them from seed and they are growing like crazy. Can't wait to see them in all their glory! I also have peonies, roses, snapdragons, pansies, delphiniums, petunias, marigolds, irises, daisies, dahlias, tulips, and more. All the flowers have sure made it feel like spring and now, summer, here. I am amazed at how things just grow so well in our area. Can't wait to have our own place where I can go crazy in my very own, planned-from-scratch, garden.






No comments: