Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Beemer

Another bonus about living in WA vs. TX is the weather. Now, I know some of you are thinking...but it gets COLDER there. Well, yes, but when the weather is nice here, it is NICE. We can actually ride the motorcycle in the summer, early fall, and late spring, whereas, in TX we could ride it on occasion, when it wasn't freezing in the winter or HOT in the fall, spring and summer! C'mon...you know what I'm talking about.

Our first ride here in WA was, I have to admit, way better than any ride we ever took in TX!!! We rode for almost 3 hours and even though we had to end the ride when I got stung by a wasp, I would still take it over any TX ride. The weather was perfect and the scenery was to die for. There really is something about exploring the outdoors on the back of a bike. You are out IN it. We went up to the top of Vulcan Mountain and saw the entire valley from Curlew to Malo. It was spectacular. We drove around Curlew Lake and explored some of the dirt county roads too. That is one thing I love about the bike. You can go on and off road at will. It was AWESOME. Though most days now are getting too cold to ride, with windchill, I can't wait until we can ride again. We could always get winter gear, but I think that will have to wait until next year. I think the debate about selling the bike is no more.


No comments: