Saturday, October 24, 2009

Our First Visitors

We were so excited when we learned that David's parents would be coming up for a week to visit. I love having company and it was nice to show off our new home, WA, to our loved ones. We explored the area, did some shopping, and celebrated David's birthday. We had a grand time and I can't wait for them to come back OR for some other friends or family to visit...hint, hint!

David's mom and I made our favorite family dish, chicken curry with rice and all the toppings...fried plantains, roasted peanuts, shredded coconut, mango chutney, and raisins. Well, she did most of the hard work, I assisted where needed. It is the most delicious thing I have ever eaten. It is so good, that as a rule, I eat it for breakfast the next day...it is even better after sitting in the fridge overnight. I also baked David a triple chocolate cake with chocolate icing and served it with vanilla ice cream topped with hot fudge. It was a fabulous meal and a great week.




No comments: