Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fall Is All Around

So, for this post, I will be fast forwarding a bit, because I am just too excited about the photos I took today and I want to share them NOW!! It was a cold, rainy day today and since I hadn't really been away from the house for a few days, I decided to go to town...and my new order of horse feed came in, so I thought I should go pick it up. Well, I was in for a nice surprise.

Over the past couple of days, while I have been at home ALL the Tamaracks have taken on the most brilliant golden yellow color. It is almost like their needles changed colors overnight! It is really something to see. I love the Aspen when they change colors, but now, in my opinion, the Tamaracks are even more amazing. They completely dot the evergreen forests as fas as the eye can see in all directions. Fall is in full swing here! I got some really great photos, thanks to the clouds, rain, and fog. They don't do the Tamaracks justice, but I think they are still beautiful. To get the full effect, you HAVE to see them in person. Enjoy! Oh, AND there were big chunks of ice floating down the river today...I got one photo of some ice that was blocked from going downstream by a big branch...not that you can see it all that well, but it was the best shot I could get.



Headed into Republic...Tamaracks mixed in with the greenery




Beautiful fall colors along the Kettle River




The big chunks of ice are behind that branch...you can see the white if you look closely :)






Different angle of the trees along the Kettle




Crossing the Kettle north of Curlew




The golden yellow Tamaracks




Gorgeous gold




I managed to find a nice perch to shoot from...this is looking north at Canada, the Kettle River is below with Tamaracks lining its banks




More nice color




Looking down at the Kettle River, lots of color everywhere




Same view, a little brighter exposure

No comments: